- The Bluecast
- Don Belton
Questions about the Journal
Below find answers to your general questions about Indiana Review. If you think there is a question that should be included, please send an email to email@example.com.
- How often is IR published?
- Indiana Review is published semiannually in May and December. Our reporting time is usually 2 – 4 months, but may, at times, be longer.
- Does IR have a twitter?
- Yes! We are @IndianaReview.
- Does IR have a Facebook page?
- Yes! You can find us here: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaReview
- Does IR have a blog?
- Yes! Find it here: http://indianareview.org/blog/
- How can I donate to IR?
- On our website, we have a “Click Here, Give Now” button that will take you to the appropriate place to donate.
- How can I subscribe to IR?
- You can pay online or mail a printable order form. Visit our subscription page here: http://indianareview.org/subscribe/
- How much is an IR subscription?
- Regular Subscriptions
• Back issue copies are available for $5 (Limited time only).
• Issue 34.1 copies are available for $9 (Limited time only).
• Single-issue copies are available for $12.
• One-year subscriptions are available for $20 (2 issues).
• Two-year subscriptions are available for $36 (4 issues).
• One-year subscriptions are available for $23 (2 issues).
• Two-year subscriptions are available for $42 (4 issues).
- I live outside the U.S. Can I get a subscription?
- Yes! Please add $7.50 per issue for overseas orders or $4 per issue for orders to ship to Canada.
- My address has changed. Will I still get my subscription? What should I do?
- Please let us know about any address changes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the old address as well as the address where your subscription now should be sent.
- I didn’t receive my subscription of IR. What should I do?
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you did not receive your subscription.
- How can I get in contact with someone at IR?
Ballantine Hall 465
1020 E. Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7103
Phone: (812) 855-3439
Fax: (812) 855-9535
For the quickest response time, please use either phone or email.
- I’m a student at Indiana University interested in interning at IR. What should I do to apply?
- Undergraduate English majors at Indiana University are eligible to serve as editorial interns for Indiana Review. Four editorial positions will be available for the summer and four editorial positions will be available for each semester. Students who serve as interns gain experience in the publication of the magazine, including manuscript selection, the handling of subscriptions, local and national publicity, coordinating with contributing writers, and other aspects of publishing. Please note in your application and on your resume any experience with computers, software, and web design. An intern is expected to work a total of approximately 120 hours — that equals eight hours per week in the fall semester, for instance — and is eligible for up to three hours of course credit in English L498. An intern is eligible to apply for a modest grant from the Honors College.
To be eligible for this internship, you must have a GPA of 3.0 or better and must have 12 credits in English at the 200-level or above, including L202. If you are interested in serving, send a letter of application to Ed Comentale, Director of Undergraduate Studies, Department of English, Ballantine Hall 442, by the deadline. In the letter you should mention any previous experience in journalism or publishing, your course work in English, your reasons for being interested in the internship, and a short statement about what type of fiction and poetry you read, offering (by name) a few examples. We would prefer to select practicing writers, if possible, but anyone who is seriously interested in the magazine should apply. Please also list your class standing, campus address, email address, telephone number, and student ID number. The final selection of interns will be made by the editor of Indiana Review. Please check the English department website for the most recent deadline.