- The Bluecast
- Don Belton
2013 Fiction Prize Guidelines
Final Judge: Claire Messud
Claire Messud‘s novels include The Emperor’s Children, which was a New York Times Best Book of the Year in 2006 and long-listed for the Man Booker Prize. The author most recently of The Woman Upstairs, she teaches in the MFA program at Hunter Colllege (CUNY), and lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts with her family.
Contest Opens: September 1, 2013
DEADLINE: October 31, 2013
Reading Fee: $20
(includes one-year subscription)
The winner of our contest will receive $1,000 and publication in Indiana Review.
All entries are considered for publication.
All entries are considered anonymously.
Previously published works and works forthcoming elsewhere cannot be considered.
Simultaneous submissions are okay, but the fee is non-refundable if accepted elsewhere.
Multiple entries are okay, as long as a separate reading fee is included with each entry.
Further, IR cannot consider work from anyone currently or recently affiliated with Indiana University or the prize judge.
- Send no more than one story per entry, maximum 8,000 words. Entrant’s name must not appear on the submission.
- Each fee entitles entrant to a one-year subscription, an extension of a current subscription, or a gift subscription. Please indicate your choice and enclose complete address information for subscriptions. International addresses, please add $12 for postage ($7 for addresses in Canada).
- We prefer that you pay online. If online payment is impossible, please make checks payable to Indiana University. Please note that we cannot accept money orders or checks from foreign banks. We cannot accept checks made out to Indiana Review.
- If submitting electronically, please click here for our submission manager. Be sure to select the genre “Fiction Prize 2013.”
- If submitting by post, please click here for our official entry form. With your entry, include a printout of your payment confirmation receipt e-mail. If desired, include self-addressed stamped envelope for notification. Manuscripts will not be returned.
- Send entries to:
Ballantine Hall 529
1020 E. Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47405-7103
Remember: If submitting payment via regular mail, please make checks payable to “Indiana University.” We cannot accept checks addressed to “Indiana Review,” and correcting this can cause significant delays to your submission.