It’s 2014, we’ve got 14K followers on Twitter, there’s just under 14 days left to submit to our Fiction Prize. In honor of all of this synchronicity we give you 14 reasons why we love this year’s final judge, Roxane Gay. Read on to find out some of the (many, many) reasons we swoon for her and why you should too!
1) She changes her Twitter names. She keeps it fresh. (Roxane Bey, anyone?)
2) She takes it in stride.
3) Have you read An Untamed State? We have. We’re different now.
4) She‘s now MFA faculty at Purdue, about which we are only slightly jealous.
5) She supports her fans who love her. Also: have we mentioned we’re fans?
6) She likes Coldplay.
7) She knows how to spend her days.
8) She’s an Ed Sheeran fan.
9) Her short fiction and essays have appeared widely in many of our favorite journals.
10) She’s not afraid to brag.
11) She wrote this fierce essay collection.
12) She live tweets while watching Ina Garten on the Food Network.
13) She appreciates Twitter for its never-ending support.
14) She’s our 2014 Fiction Prize Judge. And you should, I don’t know, submit.