2016 1/2K Prize
Final Judge: Aimee Nezhukumatathil
Submissions to the 2016 1/2K Prize is now OPEN until August 15th!
Winner receives $1,000 and publication in Indiana Review. All entries are considered for publication.
The reading fee for one entry is $20 and includes a year subscription to the journal.
2016 Indiana Review 1/2 K Prize
Contest is now open until August 15th.
Aimee Nezhukumatathil is the author of three collections of poetry, most recently, Lucky Fish. She is the poetry editor of Orion magazine and her poems and essays have appeared in American Poetry Review, Brevity, Poetry, Tin House, and in The Best American Poetry series. She is professor of English at The State University of New York at Fredonia, and in 2016-17, she will be the Grisham Writer-in-Residence at the University of Mississippi’s MFA program.
Reading Fee: $20 USD—Includes a subscription to The Indiana Review
The winner of our contest will receive $1,000 and publication in Indiana Review.
All entries are considered for publication.
All entries are considered anonymously.
Previously published works and works forthcoming elsewhere cannot be considered.
Simultaneous submissions are okay, but the entry fee is non-refundable if the submitted work is accepted elsewhere.
Multiple entries are okay, as long as a separate reading fee is included with each entry.
Further, IR cannot consider work from anyone currently or recently affiliated with Indiana University or the prize judge.
- Send no more than three pieces of 500 words or less per entry--poetry, fiction, and nonfiction will be accepted.
- As of September 2014 we no longer accept hard-copy submissions.
- Entrant’s name must not appear on the submission.
- Cover letter must include name, address, phone number, and title. Entrant’s name should appear ONLY in the cover letter.
- Each fee entitles entrant to a subscription of the journal. International addresses, please add $12 for postage ($7 for addresses in Canada).
- Be sure to select the genre “2016 1/2K Prize” on the submission form.
- The Prize deadline is August 15, 2016 at midnight EST.
- Entries submitted before the opening date or after the deadline will not be considered.