The 2017 Poetry Prize is now closed.
Final Judge: Vievee Francis
Vievee Francis is the recipient of the 2017 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award for her poetry collection Forest Primeval (Triquarterly Books/Northwestern University Press). She is also the author of Blue-Tail Fly (Wayne State University, 2006) and Horse in the Dark (Northwestern Press, 2012).
Reading Fee: $20 USD—Includes a subscription to Indiana Review
The winner of our contest will receive $1,000 and a publication in Indiana Review.
All entries are considered anonymously.
Previously published works and works forthcoming elsewhere cannot be considered.
Simultaneous submissions are okay, but the entry fee is non-refundable if the submitted work is accepted elsewhere.
Multiple entries are okay, as long as a separate reading fee is included with each entry.
Further, IR cannot consider work from anyone currently or recently affiliated with Indiana University or the prize judge.
- Send up to 3 poems in a single word document.
- As of September 2014 we no longer accept hard-copy submissions.
- Entrant’s name must not appear on the submission.
- Cover letter must include name, address, phone number, and title. Entrant’s name should appear ONLY in the cover letter.
- Each fee entitles entrant to a subscription of the journal. International addresses, please add $12 for postage ($7 for addresses in Canada).
- Be sure to select the genre “2017 Poetry Prize” on the submission form.
- The Prize deadline is April 15, 2017 at midnight EST.
- Entries submitted before the opening date or after the deadline will not be considered.
- You will be redirected to the Submissions Manager to complete your entry after completing the PayPal payment. If you are not automatically redirected, please follow the link "Indiana Review Submissions" to arrive at the Submissions Manager.